Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hay Creek Festival Student Day: Friday, 9/7/2012

Hay Creek Festival - “Experience Early American Life at Historic Joanna Furnace” Friday September 7 is Student Day at the Hay Creek Festival off of Route 10 near Morgantown. Children get in free and teachers, chaperones, and homeschooling parents just pay a $7 entry fee each. Prices are normally $10/adult and $2/children ages 6-12 (I guess children 13+ are adults?) so this is a great deal, especially if you have a large family!

According to the site,

I am the only person I know who has never taken their family to this festival and everyone I know has really enjoyed it. We intended to go last year but Hurricane Irene and her little pal Tropical Storm Lee foiled our plans. We'll try to make it this year!

You will need to fill out a registration form here and bring it with you to the gate. Checks should be made out to the Hay Creek Valley Historical Association, but the site says they also take cash or credit cards at the gate. Attractions are open from 10AM - 5PM. I believe parking is a ways from the event, so they have a shuttle that will run from 7AM to 6PM.

The site also mentions an educational guide that will be posted mid-August, but I did not see it yet. I'll be checking back for it and if it's there I'll post the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments deemed inappropriate will be deleted.