Monday, September 12, 2011

Here we go!

I wonder if anyone will ever check this blog?

I am not a professional blogger.  Truth be told, I've set up at least 5 blogs that I abandoned within the first month.  I think this one is different, because this one serves a real purpose.

We are a homeschooling family in SE PA.  Last year our oldest started kindergarten, so we were new to the whole scene.  Talk about overwhelming!  Curriculum choices, homeschooling styles, used book sales, websites, printables, events, forums, blogs...AGH!  There was so much all at once.  Now that we are in our second year of homeschooling and I've learned to manage the information overload, I've found many, many useful tools (many of which are free) and it seems like I'm always finding other things or events that would suit the needs of homeschooling families pretty well.  I really think this is a prime-time to be a homeschooler - many tools are available free online, you just need to know where to look.  That's how I want to help.

So my main goal for this blog is to be able to disseminate this information to my friends without bombarding them with potentially unwanted emails.  I don't want to be branded a spammer!  I think this will help me avoid that predicament.  If others who don't know me find this info useful as well, then bonus.

This is by no means an all-inclusive list of every activity ever scheduled for homeschoolers, or every site that provides useful tools.  I don't intend it to be that.  I really just intend it to be my "hey - did you hear about XYZ?"

So now that you know where I'm coming from....let me find some good stuff to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments deemed inappropriate will be deleted.