Friday, September 16, 2011

Homeschool Week at Cherry Crest Farm, Ronks, PA - September 19-23

I already sang the praises of Varner's Farm in Collegeville, PA, so you know where my heart lies...but I would be amiss if I did not also tell you about the upcoming Homeschool Week at Cherry Crest Farm in Lancaster, PA.

Next week, September 19-23, they are going to be having their Homeschool Week. As they describe on their website:

Home School families are invited to visit Cherry Crest Adventure Farm from September 19-23 for Homeschool Week.

Bring your family or homeschool co-op to experience the fun and educational components of our farm at your leisure. Venture into our 5 acre corn maze for an unique adventure. Explore the Farm Animal Center, hold a baby chick in our Farm Education Center and relax on our educational Farm Tour Wagon Ride. A Butter Making Lesson will be available at 12:15. Students will learn how to make their own butter, as well as facts about dairy cows and the production of milk. At 1:15 students can attend a Corn Lesson, where they will learn all about all the products that are made out of corn. Students will make putty out of corn products as part of the lesson. Not all lessons available everyday.

For this week only, home school families will be admitted at the school field trip rate of $8.00 per person. There is no need to pre-register, simply visit our farm between September 19-23 and tell our admissions staff that your family is here for Homeschool Week. Your group is welcome to visit during other times our farm is open, but will be charged the A"Maze"ing Fun Admission of $15.00 for adults & for children (ages 3-11).

Cherry Crest Adventure Farm is open 10am to 5pm weather permitting. Please check our homepage if weather is questionable. In the event of rain, we will announce our closing on our website.

If you have any questions, please call our office at (717) 687-6843 or (866) 546-1799.



The theme of this year's corn maze is "Once Upon a Time...A Corny Tale." We took the teens from church to the flashlight corn maze...apparently in 2004 because I remember the maze was called "Giddy Up." My husband was insistent on finding e v e r y s i n g l e puzzle piece for his map so the girls and I finished up and sat and waited for him & the guys for over an hour or more!! It was insane. Even so...it is a fun place, so if you have time to go with your children definitely check it out!


Also...I know that my posts have been about events that happening right away...but I will soon get to the point of posting things further out. If I was reading my own blog I would be thinking, "boy, I would to have liked to known that a month ago!!" So no worries...I'm planner so if you're a planner we'll soon be on the same page! Please bear with me till then! (Because I have so many readers...hahahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments deemed inappropriate will be deleted.