Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Worksheet Websites...The First of Many Such Posts

You probably know that there are GOBS of websites where you can create and print worksheets, but today I want to tell you about WorksheetWorks.com. My oldest is only in 1st grade, but so far this has been a tremendous resource for handwriting exercises. Instead of purchasing a copywork book, I can create our own copywork worksheets. I usually print out a Bible verse that he is memorizing, so first it helps solidify the verse in his mind and the handwriting practice is a secondary bonus. But the site is more than just handwriting - they also have worksheets for small motor skills (scissor skills), math, geography...all sorts of things.

Also, I just found out about FreeMathWorksheets.com today. I haven't explored the site much yet, but bookmarked it for later. On the home page they have links to basic math, pre-algebra, and puzzle worksheets. (Sadly no complex differential equations or integration by parts & partial derivatives. Boo.) (I'm joking you know.) (Well, sort of.)

Last, my friend recently told me about this Dynamic Paper website a day after I busted out the compass and ruler to cut out a perfect hexagon for a 1st grade lesson. hahaha I haven't fully explored it, but it looks really cool and whatever you create can be saved as a .pdf file. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments deemed inappropriate will be deleted.