Saturday, September 24, 2011

PA Family History Day - Saturday, 11/5/11 in Exton, PA

I'm totally going to this!

The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania is hosting an all day Family History Day on Saturday, November 5, 2011 from 8AM till 4PM in Exton, PA.

It does cost $95 for a non-GSP member, like me, but if you are a member it's only $75. Looks like there are three tracks - Ancestry.com, Methodology, & PA - but I don't think you have to commit to a single track, though they do want you (at least online) to indicate which specific lectures you're going to attend for each time slot. Note: they add a fee for paying by PayPal on their site.

I'm planning on signing up for all the lectures in the Methodology track. I have an Ancestry.com subscription and I know the ins & outs of it pretty well (though I'm sure there is plenty I don't know -- but figure if I ever really want to learn more I can learn about it online). And my family's history isn't in PA...so that would be of little interest.

This is so neat! I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments deemed inappropriate will be deleted.